Friday, January 12, 2007

He is on his way to stardom....



We received another update last week regarding Ryan, including three new photos, medical records and a one-minute video of him waving his arms around and cooing. It was quite a sight for a number of reasons, and we have probably watched this thing about 100 times.

The video was accompanied by audio, and his foster mother can be heard saying "hello" to him in English. That impressed me. I doubt she is speaking English around him that often, but it is nice to know that he may understand us a little bit when we meet him. (Being naive here?)

In other news, we are still in the document authentication process and are waiting for our I-171H to arrive.

My uncle hosted a Christmas party where one of the guests was the director of the local US-CIS office. I showered her with drinks and gifts with a wink here and there to get that I-171H to us ASAP. Okay, not really, but we did have a pleasant conversation. Karin, who always carries pictures of Ryan with her, flashed her pocket album like an FBI agent flashing a badge before taking down an interstate drug cartel. She made Ryan the hit of the party.

Now, I suppose this is a result of wanting for more clothes and bedding, but it has not escaped Ryan's future father and grandfathers that he is wearing girls' clothes in these most recent photos (note the gathered sleeves!) and has been sleeping on pink sheets. Actually, I think it was his future mother and grandmothers who noticed this. (Women reading this are no doubt commenting that men never "notice" things.) Now I am really regretting not buying that little football jersey for him -- but we have sent him several outfits with fire trucks, baseballs, etc., so I'm sure he'll be fine!

5 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Sweet To Our Seoul said...

Your little boy so cute. My husband and I just adopted a little girl from guatemala this past year. We have been talking and praying about starting the process again and adopting a little boy this time. We have really been looking into the country of Taiwan. I would love to get some information on the agency you are using and some details about their Taiwan program. My email address is wareaglereed@comcast.net. Your help would be greatly appreciated. God bless you and your precious little boy. Thanks so much, April Reed

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin and Karin-Great picture of R. You will be surprised how much he will understand within a few days of being together. When we first got our Citcat she was very much delayed. Everytime she tried to sit up or roll over we would say "amazing" in a cute squeaky voice. She loved to hear it. She knew she was doing something well and over two years later she still loves it when we say "amazing"

I cannot wait to post a picture of our little guy. The wait shouldn't be too much longer. I think we are up next for a referral.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Karin and Rob said...

Great, Nina.

Please let us know when you get your referral. Thanks for sharing your story. We cannot wait to meet him.

April, I sent you an e-mail. Thanks for checking out our blog and good luck with your decision.

Rob and Karin

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Congratulations, he is beautiful. Watch what you say though, our daughter has picked up my lovely habit of saying "No Way" and with her two year old attitude is now driving us crazy with it. :-)

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Hope all is going well and things are moving along. Can't wait for an update. (I could swear I posted here, a while back; maybe it was to a different entry. Good luck and congrats! Have you chosen a name?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home