Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blog on....

I learned that it is national blogger month, or something like that. People will blogs are supposed to write a blog post everyday. I am gonna see if November is also carpel tunnel syndrome month. I cannot imagine having the time to write everyday and, more importantly, having anything worth saying.

As to the adoption, we are in a bit of a holding mode now. The homestudy visits are done and our social worker has to write the report. We are also waiting for our passports. I suspect this is a good example of what the wait is going to be like. We have no appointments for the first time in a month or two. In a sense it is nice. In another sense, I have enjoyed being busy and am not really looking forward to the wait. Of course, when the wait is over, it will seem incidental compared to the joy of becoming parents. So, we will make do.

So, what do waiting parents do? The same thing parents expecting a biological child do I guess. Home projects, we'll try to enjoy free time, the ability to go on a vacation, sleeping through the night, being able to plug things in without worrying about those little plastic safety things...

Speaking of child safety devices. My father-in-law and I were in a Babies R Us last Saturday night looking at child safety latches for cabinet doors. We are not even on a waiting list to receive the referral of a child, but we had to have them to complete the homestudy. It seemed a little silly to me to have to worry about that sort of thing at this point in time, but I guess it is better than handing kids to people without exercising any scrutiny.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger mellow & yellow said...

Ah yes life under the homestudy microscope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home