Saturday, September 30, 2006

You have got to love the paperwork.

Imagine my excitement yesterday when I arrived home from work to find an envelope from the Department of Homeland Security. I thought, "Wow, these Feds are moving quickly with our fingerprinting date." Much to my chagrin, I opened the envelope to find that our I-600A had been returned because we had mailed it with a check instead of a money order.

My first thought was how the heck can two people with juris doctorates miss something like that. Did we have a case of 24 hour A.D.D.? I know I was a little distracted last Sunday with the Steeler game and all, but Karin seemed to be on top of it.

So, they don't take checks, huh? Then I read the instructions this morning, which clearly state that you can pay by money order or check. ........and, here I am scratching my head.

Anyway, I learned awhile ago that if you want something from the folks in the government, you grin and bear whatever they throw your way. So, the application is back in the hands of the U.S. Postal Service and the I-600A should be in the local USCIS office again on Monday.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Rachael & Samir said...

We just got your email and think it's great what you are doing! Good Luck to you! We will be watching and waiting eagerly to hear more!
Rachael & Samir

 

Post a Comment

<< Home