Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rob (who is into Civil War history) got Ryan a Union soldier hat on his recent trip to Gettysburg. Today Ryan decided to wear it backward, and further accessorized with a pacifier.



Now that we're finally having some warm weather, Ryan and I have been walking (or riding, in his case) to the playground most days. When I see him in his stroller, it strikes me how much he's grown in the past 9 months.

Now (April 08):



Then (July 07):



Ryan doesn't like to ride on the swing, so he just sets his basketball on it, gives it a push, and spends the rest of his time marching around in the mulch.







He's also getting to be a real menace around the house, and elsewhere. Today he opened the dishwasher while it was running. Ours has a "lock" button that prevents him from reprogramming the controls, but it doesn't stop him from physically opening the dishwasher with the lever, which he figured out the other day. Fortunately I was only 10 feet away and saw him do it, so I was able to shut the door before the kitchen was flooded. He has also taken to standing up in the cart at the grocery store, which he manages to do even with the belt on. It's anyone's guess what he'll discover next!

5 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Beth said...

WOW, he's getting to be a big boy!! It's amazing how quickly they grow and change. I guess "boys will be boys"...Brady has started standing in the shopping carts too...not a good thing. I wonder what else is in store for us??? : )

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

I can't believe the change. When we got our new dishwasher a few months ago, I discovered there is no lock on opening it, just for changing the settings. My husband, who is an early child educatorand has been working in this field for over 10 years was not even concerned and said something like don't worry, he won't open it. I couldn't believe he said that!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Karin, he has gotten so big! But, oh what a cutie!

I think he and Leo could be cousins - lots of similarities :-)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Joyce said...

Watch out!!!!!!!! He will master the electronics next, and you will find him on top of the kitchen table. Oh the dishwasher. Been dealing with that one for months... No more knifes in there for us. He is soooo big and adorable. I'm glad to see he still loves his paci tooooo.
hope everything is great for you all.

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your son is gorgeous. My husband and I are looking into adopting from Taiwan, and my heart just melted seeing your little boy. He's so beautiful! I'd love to know which agency you used. If you can, please email me at jeff and sarah 99 at windstream dot net.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home